The 2 Most Effective Ways to Make Niche Marketing a Reality
Niche marketing sounds like the way to take your accounting firm to the next level. You may have even determined what your niche markets are. If only you weren’t so caught up in the day-to-day work of your business, you could focus on niche marketing!
There are many ways to make changes to your practice both personally and professionally to make niche marketing in your accounting firm a reality.
Here are two of the most effective changes you can make:
1. Make use of workflow technology
What kinds of technology are your employees using to manage their workload? What software solutions are best for using their time efficiently?
Each technology choice comes with a variety of time-savers for your firm. For example, choosing technology that has a client portal feature can both free up your time from client’s calling with basic questions and can help your existing clients have 24/7 access to the information they need or want.
Workflow technology is constantly changing. That’s why I make it my business to keep up to date on what is available so that busy business owners don’t have to spend their time researching each individual option. Schedule an appointment with me and I can show you several options of workflow technology that will save your firm time and money. Because I am not a representative of any one software company, I have the freedom to recommend software based solely on your needs.
2. Initiate education opportunities for your niche market
Schedule and invite existing clients and potential clients to educational events. Clients like to know that you have their best interest at heart. When you take the time to educate your niche market, they build trust in your services. Educational events establish your firm as an expert who cares for their needs.
Here are a few of the many creative ways I have seen accounting firms educate their niche market:
· Offer free seminars or presentations on accounting issues. Be sure the presentations are not an advertisement for your firm, but that there is significant informative content that the listener can use. You can invite a mix of current clients and potential clients to these educational sessions. A personal invitation is always more effective than an email or mailer.
· Designate a member of your team to be called a “niche champion.” A niche champion is someone who is the expert in your office for that particular niche. Any questions that are niche market related can be directed to the champion. You could even offer free 30-minute consultation appointments with the champion for potential new clients.
· Host an “executive roundtable” meeting with clients from a particular niche. The information given during the roundtable may be the same as a seminar or presentation, but the atmosphere of a smaller group sitting down together around a table invites more interaction and questions from those who attend. Plus, through the discussion, you will be able to uncover additional needs which can guide your creation of new services for the niche.
WHAT ABOUT YOUR FIRM?
As an educator, I can help you prepare seminar topics or coach your niche marketing champion. Don’t miss out on niche marketing education opportunities. Schedule an appointment and let’s get started!