About Caldwell Consulting & Training
Carla Caldwell, founder of Caldwell Consulting & Training, strategically guides accounting teams to become a modern practice.
She works with business owners (especially non-profits) to bridge the gap between growing business and specific accounting solutions. Carla also helps accounting and bookkeeping firms implement the tools that help them be more successful – from value pricing and process development to the apps that support their systems.
Carla is a speaker on the Intuit Firm of the Future Roadshow and at Scaling New Heights, covering topics such as Firm Strategy, Change Management and Practice Efficiency. She is currently a faculty member of Karbon Academy. She has over 15 years teaching small- and mid-market accounting packages, including as a member of Intuit’s Global Trainer/Writer Network. Previously, Carla was a trainer with two different software companies focused on small businesses, Sage and Xero, and holds a degree in Accounting from Florida State University.
When she’s not helping others, Carla enjoys her life as a loving wife, proud mother of two, and world traveler (be sure to ask her about India.)
- Member of Intuit Global Trainer Writer Network
- Director of Education at Xero US, facilitating training courses and managing team of trainers and staff
- Sr. Trainer at Sage, specializing in retail, financial statement and report design, data warehousing and accounting application training
- Owner of consulting firm, implementing network and desktop software applications
- Controller of retail store operations, with five locations
- Staff Accountant for private accounting department, overseeing non-profit, real estate, development company and recreation entities